Prenatal Breastfeeding Workshop at HypnoBirthing of CT
Course topics include:
- The Stages of Lactation and video demonstration of a proper latch positioning;
- Anatomy of a baby’s stomach with description of how much food a newborn needs;
- Seven physiological challenges (e.g. clogged ducts, tongue-tie) and five medical/cultural interventions (e.g. IVs, pacifiers, boppies) that can have an effect breastfeeding;
- Oversupply: How and why to hand-express;
- Understanding hunger cues; and the importance of skin-to-skin contact;
- Colostrum, your milk coming in, and how your milk changes over time;
- Returning to work, your legal rights in the work place;
- Which Connecticut and New York hospitals have earned the “Baby-Friendly” designation;
- Using your own growth chart (provided at the workshop) for breast-fed babies, which may differ from growth charts used by your pediatrician;
- the three feeding solutions you can try before considering formula; the safest and healthiest formula on the market, and how to order it from Europe;
- A review of your binder of handouts.
Fee: $125, including lunch and a binder of laminated materials.