Pumping, Storing & Returning to Work
For breastfeeding mothers who work outside of the home in CT or NY
Upcoming Class: Sunday, February 26, 2017 | 1:30 – 3:30 p.m.
- Introduction – Benefits to Mom, Baby and Employer.
- Preparing for your return to work: Getting started; a review of the pump and accessories; creating a smooth transition for the baby.
- Building your storage supply: Storage container options; freezing and fridging milk; establishing sufficient quantity.
- The Return: Tips for pumping at work; maintaining supply while working; scheduling how, when and how much to pump during your work day; finding a location; methods of expression; packing the milk and sterilizing the equipment at work.
- Communicating with your workplace: know your rights; what to tell them.
- Communicating with your childcare provider: educating them on the difference between handling/storing/feeding breastmilk vs. formula.
- Temperature of breastmilk.
- Whose property is breast milk anyway?
- Video Clip
- A review of your course handouts, including “Handling and Storage of Breastmilk”, “Tips for pumping/storing in the workplace”, etc.
For all registrants, the fee includes a folder of handouts.